Contemporary Home Interior Furniture Design Cheaney Chair by Alexena Cayless
Products/Design Ideas on Chairs , Contemporary , Contemporary Furniture , Furniture , Products , Style , UK
Beautiful and contemporary furniture chair design incorporating classic craft techniques for your home interior furnishings.
Designed by Alexena Cayless, the contemporary furniture design Cheaney Chair is inspired by the traditional skills and materials of midlands based shoemakers and saddlery companies. The companies work in areas of the UK renowned for these manufacturing industries and all of their work is made by hand by skilled craftsmen and women.
This contemporary chair design is a development of the contemporary furniture design ‘Fly Tip’ collection and was originally found discarded on the street. It has been reupholstered with leather brogue patterns handcrafted by Cheaney Shoes in Northamptonshire and Harris Tweed. The patterns have been sewn on using bridle stitching by a saddlery company in Walsall.
Related Topics to Explore : Chairs , Contemporary , Contemporary Furniture , Furniture , Products , Style , UK
Featured Design Events
- Tent London, UK September 19-22, 2013
- Brussels Design September, Belgium September 21-30, 2013
- Fall High Point Design Market, North Carolina October 19-24, 2013
- BDNY, Boutique Design New York November 10-11, 2013
- Unique NYC, New York November 17-18, 2012
- The Canadian Home Furnishings Market (TCHFM) Toronto January 11-14, 2014
- HOME Trade Show, London UK January 12-14, 2014
- Interiors UK, Birmingham January 19-24, 2014
- Feria Habitat Valencia, Spain February 11-14, 2014
- kbb Birmingham, UK March 2-5, 2014
- Wohnen und Interieur Messe, Vienna March 8-16, 2014