Planning Home Windows and Skylight as Task Lighting
Products/Design Ideas on Treatments , Window
The primary purpose of house windows and skylight design is to admit light. And one of the use of it is as task lighting of you home interior design
Task lighting is the kind of task light – natural or artificial – needed for writing, sewing, or other concentrated activity. This kind of home lighting requires a greater degree of contrast, measured not only in intensity, but also in quality and direction. A uniform level of house light all around distracts the eye.
Plan task lighting so it comes from the right or the left of the viewer. You’ll find reading and writing much easier if you sit whit your side to the home window, not facing it.
Too much contras of your interior task lighting, though, will produce glare, which makes seeing difficult. A single, small window in the middle of a wall can be trouble-some to look at if it’s admitting direct sunlight.
Related Topics to Explore : Treatments , Window
Featured Design Events
- Tent London, UK September 19-22, 2013
- Brussels Design September, Belgium September 21-30, 2013
- Fall High Point Design Market, North Carolina October 19-24, 2013
- BDNY, Boutique Design New York November 10-11, 2013
- Unique NYC, New York November 17-18, 2012
- The Canadian Home Furnishings Market (TCHFM) Toronto January 11-14, 2014
- HOME Trade Show, London UK January 12-14, 2014
- Interiors UK, Birmingham January 19-24, 2014
- Feria Habitat Valencia, Spain February 11-14, 2014
- kbb Birmingham, UK March 2-5, 2014
- Wohnen und Interieur Messe, Vienna March 8-16, 2014