Window and Skylight Design Considerations for Home Ventilation Planning
Products/Design Ideas on Treatments , Window
Not only do window provide light, view, and house ventilation, but they also can create a sense of space and act as passive solar devices to heat our homes interior. Whatever your primary goal, you’ll want to be familiar with some basic principles that apply to each window function. And here are some window and skylight design considerations for your home interior ventilation design and planning.
Windows that placed opposite one another at heights that let the incoming breeze wash around the room’s occupants are the best way to ventilate and cool a room interior ventilation. When this window design positioning is not possible, the combination of window and a venting or opening skylight works well. Since hot air rises, the venting skylight lets out warm air, and the cool breeze enters through the window.
A skylight brings in light and view of the sky without taking up any wall space. A long, narrow diffusing skylight close to a wall can light art objects on that wall, a large clear or translucent north-facing skylight provides reliable, even light for an art studio.
On the other hand, a window, especially a bay or a bow, can add character and space to a room the way no skylight can. Add a window or greenhouse section to the south wall and you have created a great way to trap heat for your home interior design.
Related Topics to Explore : Treatments , Window
Featured Design Events
- Tent London, UK September 19-22, 2013
- Brussels Design September, Belgium September 21-30, 2013
- Fall High Point Design Market, North Carolina October 19-24, 2013
- BDNY, Boutique Design New York November 10-11, 2013
- Unique NYC, New York November 17-18, 2012
- The Canadian Home Furnishings Market (TCHFM) Toronto January 11-14, 2014
- HOME Trade Show, London UK January 12-14, 2014
- Interiors UK, Birmingham January 19-24, 2014
- Feria Habitat Valencia, Spain February 11-14, 2014
- kbb Birmingham, UK March 2-5, 2014
- Wohnen und Interieur Messe, Vienna March 8-16, 2014